BAQIS Invites Global Talents To Apply For Science Fund Program For Distinguished Young Scholars (Overseas)
In order to further improve the talent funding system of the Science Foundation, give full play to the function of the Science Foundation in introducing and cultivating talents, and attract outstanding young talents from overseas to work in China, the National Natural Science Foundation of China (hereinafter referred to as NSFC) has established the Science Fund Program for Distinguished Young Scholars of the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Overseas) (hereinafter referred to as Science Fund Program for Distinguished Young Scholars (Overseas)) since 2021.
Beijing Academy of Quantum Information Sciences (hereinafter referred to as BAQIS) sincerely invites global talents to apply for Science Fund Program for Distinguished Young Scholars (Overseas)!
BAQIS is an innovative research institution, sponsored by Beijing municipal government, and founded with partnership of leading research institutions such as Chinese Academy of Sciences, Peking University, Tsinghua University, etc.
BAQIS focuses on the fundamental and frontier issues of quantum physics and quantum information science and technology. It has integrated great resources from its partnering institutions in terms of talents and facilities. It has developed advanced synergetic R&D and measurement platforms to be shared across the world, with an attempt to attract top-notch global talents to forge a world leading research force for the research of quantum information science and technology. The research areas of BAQIS include Quantum State of Matter, Quantum Computation and Quantum Communication, Quantum Materials and Devices, and Quantum Precision Measurement, etc.
Science Fund Program for Distinguished Young Scholars (Overseas)
The Science Fund Program for Distinguished Young Scholars (Overseas) aims to attract and encourage outstanding young scholars from overseas (including non-Chinese foreign talents) who have made achievements in natural science, engineering and technology to return to China and carry out innovative research in their own choice of research direction, promote the rapid growth of young scientific and technological talents, cultivate a number of outstanding academic backbones who are expected to reach the frontier of science and technology in the world, and contribute to building national strength in science and technology.
The following requirements refers to the guide of 2023 Science Fund Program for Distinguished Young Scholars (Overseas). After the 2024 guide is released, the new version shall prevail.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
(1) Abide by the laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China, have good scientific ethics, and consciously practice the spirit of scientists in the new era;
(2) Have a date of birth after January 1, 1984;
(3) Have a doctorate degree;
(4) The research direction is mainly in natural science, engineering technology, etc.;
(5) Before March 15,2024, the applicant should have obtained a formal teaching or research position in an overseas university, scientific research institution, or corporate research and development institution, and have more than 36 months of continuous work experience; for those who have obtained a doctorate degree overseas and have particularly outstanding performance, the limitation of work experience may be appropriately relaxed;
(6) The applicant shall have obtained the achievement of scientific research or technology and other achievements recognized by peer experts, and have the development potential of becoming an academic leader or outstanding talent in related field;
(7) The applicant has not yet returned to work in China on a full-time basis, or returned (came) to work in China after January 1,2023. The applicant must resign from the overseas work or have no work overseas after being notified of the grant of funding and return (come) to work in China full-time for at least 3 years.
Requirements for limited programs: The Science Fund Program for Distinguished Young Scholars (Overseas) implements the requirements of limited programs of the Science Fund Program for Distinguished Young Scholars in the National Natural Science Fund Guide. Those who applied for or are undertaking the Science Fund Program for Distinguished Young Scholars in the current year are not allowed to apply for Science Fund Program for Distinguished Young Scholars (Overseas).
Compensation and Benefits
(1) BAQIS provides competitive salary, annual pre-tax salary starts from 700,000 RMB. For those who have outstanding academic achievements, salary can be negotiated on a case by case basis;
(2) BAQIS provides social insurance and housing fund starting from 150,000 RMB per year;
(3) Research performance bonus;
(4) Supplementary pension fund;
(5) BAQIS provides opportunity for promotion and salary growth;
(6) Commercial insurance for the employee and their spouse and dependent children.
(1) National Funding: 1 million -3 million RMB. Funding period: 3years;
(2) BAQIS provides matching sustainable and stable research funds. For theoretical physicists, research funds start from 3 million RMB. For experimental physicists, research funds start from 10 million RMB;
(3) BAQIS provides offices and laboratories in good-conditions. BAQIS provides postdoc and PhD students enrollment quota.
(1) Subsistence allowance (including national support);
(2) Help to apply for government sponsored apartment (with decoration);
(3) Help to apply for Beijing Hukou;
(4) Help with dependent children’s K-12 education;
(5) Reimbursement for international flight ticket (for those who joined BAQIS).
Contact person A：
Dr. HAN, BAQIS Research Development Department
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person B:
Ms. WANG, BAQIS Human Resources Department
Email Address: email@example.com
Office Phone: +86-10-83057523
BAQIS Candidate Information Collection Form (Research Position):
For more information, please visit BAQIS official website: